Vegan – Gluten/Wheat Free – Soy Free – Nut Free – Corn Free
Spring into Salad Post 6 – Yuuuummmm potatoes!! Who doesn’t like these wonderful starchy delights? Well I definitely do and lately I’ve been craving them. I go through food phases, I think most of us do…right? I really haven’t eaten potatoes much in the last couple years, but they are making a comeback. Just like the 90’s clothes & cassette tape players. <— oh yes, I still have my Walkman and at my day job, I just designed a 10’ long x 7 ½’ tall boombox with cassette tape that will be a wall display at Worlds Gym here in Nashville. Not gonna lie; it’s going to be so cool!
Ok, as for this recipe, it will not only bring color to your next weekend cook-out, but it will bring lots of summer flavors with lemon, rosemary & cilantro. Served chilled, or room temperature, it’s perfect for those warmer days. But as a note, this recipe can play double duty and be served hot when those cooler days creep upon us.
The steps are fairly simple. Cook the potatoes & set aside to chill. Add the olive oils, lemon juice, & herbs to a skillet and heat until the herbs infuse the oil and starts to boil. Pour olive oil mixture over potatoes. Toss gently until well coated. Garnish with additional fresh herbs, serve and enjoy! It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3!
This is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ!
- 24 oz. tri-color potatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon infused olive oil* (see notes on where to buy)
- 1 tbsp tuscan herb olive oil* (see notes on where to buy)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste, optional
- Separate the purple potatoes from the lighter potatoes as they will dye the red & white potatoes.
- Clean & cut all potatoes to desired size.
- Place potatoes in 2 separate pots & cover the potatoes with water; about an inch higher than potatoes. Add some salt and bring the two pots to a boil & cook for approx. 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. You should be able to stab them easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook as they will become mushy when tossing together.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain and place in a bowl to cool; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oils, lemon juice, garlic, & herbs; stir until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat, add olive oil & herb mixture. Heat for approx. 1 minute until the olive oil starts to boil. This will infuse the olive oil with the herb flavors.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, pour the olive oil & herb mixture over potatoes & gently toss until well coated.
- Garnish with additional fresh cilantro & rosemary to taste. As well as salt & pepper.
- Chill in the fridge, or serve at room temperate.
*To buy Tuscan Herb Olive Oil Visit ----> Grapes & Olive Oils on Tap
I definitely recommend buying these olive oils, but you can do this recipe with just regular extra virgin olive oil; just add 1 additional tbsp of lemon juice & 1 tsp of Italian herb seasoning.