VEGAN – GLUTEN/WHEAT FREE – SOY FREE
(CONTAINS NUT BUTTER & OATS)
I LOOOOOOVE TO SLEEP!! AND I HAAAAAATE MORNINGS!! Just ask my whole family…I’m a bear in the morning and you don’t want to talk to me for at least an hour after I’m awake. So anything I can do to get even 15 minutes of extra sleep and I’m going to do it, which is why I love making overnight oats. Not only is it simple, takes 5 minutes to prepare, I don’t have to worry about waking up earlier to make a nutritious filling breakfast that will last me till lunch.
So if you’re like me, or want to make things easier in the mornings and not feel rushed, you’ve got to try these overnight oats.
All you do is add all ingredients to a mason jar, shake, place in the fridge overnight. Cut up some fruit in the morning and top with your fav mix-ins and enjoy!
I always eat these out of the mason jar I make them in, but for the pictures I knew it would look nicer in a bowl. 😉
You can always take these oats to work and eat them as a lunch time meal as well. I’ve even made these in the morning, put them in the fridge when I got to work, and they were ready to go by lunchtime.
- ½ cup gluten free quick oats
- ¾ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder*
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp flax meal
- ½ tbsp honey (might want to add more in the morning for some extra sweetness)
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (if allergic to peanuts, substitute for any nut butter)
- Put all ingredients in a mason jar; seal and shake.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning heat peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds or until smooth enough to pour over oats; mix immediately as the peanut butter will begin to harden quickly.
- Top with bananas and enjoy.