VEGAN – GLUTEN/WHEAT FREE – SOY FREE – NUT FREE
Just for Fun!
Now these are my type of Eggs…Rice Krispies Treat Eggs! And what could be a more fun treat to give away at Easter than plastic eggs filled with these marshmallow treats. I mean, who doesn’t like these ooey gooey krispy bundles of joy?! My favorite part of making these treats is eating them when they are still warm and stick to everything – or is it just me that eats them with a spoon straight out of the pot? Don’t judge…it’s delicious!
Buuuutttt….If we are going to judge anyone, it would need to be my husband. Haha 😉 He finds the thought of eating a marshmallow disgusting, but will gobble up Rice Krispies Treats like Rice Krispies and marshmallows have been discontinued. Now that’s just odd.
Crispy, crackling, toasted, gooey perfection. These treats are definitely a timeless family favorite. Easy to make gluten free, easy to make vegan, and easy to make gluten free vegan. 🙂 Enjoy anyway you like. Even dip them in dark chocolate and dust with sprinkles for some fun.
You can find the recipe on almost any box of rice cereal, or marshmallow bag, but just in case…
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal, once cup at ta time, stirring until well coated.
- Press mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Use a buttered spatuala or buttered wax paper to prevent sticking while pressing mixture down. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
- Or for Egg shape, clean eggs with soap and water first. Spray eggs with cooking spray and use a spoon to press mixture into each side of the egg before closing the egg and smushing it together to mold the two halves as one. Let sit in the eggs to cool so they will keep the egg shape. Once cooled, open the egg and voilà, ooey gooey eggs are ready to eat.
- Best if enjoyed right away! 🙂