VEGAN – GLUTEN/WHEAT FREE – SOY FREE – NUT FREE
I have to be honest here, before a few years ago, I thought Hummus was just weird. I love beans and chickpeas, but to blend them up as a dip just seemed strange. Then again, I had only tried store bought a couple times and none of it ever thrilled me. Then I met my husband, King-of-Hummus. And when I say King, I truly mean King-of-Hummus – it’s the one thing he can really make; to the point that friends ask him to come over and teach them how to make hummus and everyone always requests that we make hummus for get togethers.
So…because of my hubby, I gave this dip some more chances since I could decide what to flavor it with and then my love for hummus blossomed.
This recipe has become my #1 go-to-hummus! In the last few months, I think we’ve made this about 6-7 times already and it’s gone within a few days.
If you like a little spice with a twist of lime, then you’re in luck. This hummus will set your wheels a spinnin and ignite your taste buds.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas*, drained & rinsed (save some water) - see notes below for dried conversion
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ salt, or more to taste
- 3-4 tbsp of water - or reserved liquid from chickpeas
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients (except the water) to a food processor and blend until smooth; approx 1-2 min.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time and blend until desired consistency is achieved. If you like it thinner, add more water.
- Check seasonings and add more to taste, or garnish with additional cilantro and sriracha.
- Keep refrigerated.
One cup dried chickpeas = 3 cups fully cooked and drained chickpeas.