VEGAN – GLUTEN/WHEAT FREE – SOY FREE – NUT FREE
What can I say about a sauce that’s not only spicy but has a touch of sweetness…oh I know! Delish-ously Amazing!! If I can make something from scratch I always will because then I know what is going into the recipe and it won’t have any added preservative, chemicals…etc. And what could be better than that?!
If you have a food processor and a pot, you can make this sauce in no time. I always keep the seeds in the chili peppers cause I like it Spicy, but feel free to leave them out if you can’t take the Heat.
All you do is add the water, peppers, garlic and ginger to a food processor to chop up finely. Then add to a pot with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove from burner, slowly add and stir in the cornstarch + water mixture. Use less cornstarch for a thinner base if you like. The sauce takes time to thicken and will continue to thicken as it cools. Just stir in the cornstarch and set the pot to the side to finish working it’s magic.
Once cooled, poured into a container with a tight sealing lid (like a mason jar) and store in the refrigerator and enjoy on veggies, chicken, salmon…etc.
This recipe can be added to so many dishes, you can’t go wrong with making a patch since it will last for months in the fridge.
- 4 Thai chili peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine vinegars
- ½ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ginger
- 4-6 tbsp gluten-free cornstarch + water (to thicken)*
- Add water, peppers, garlic & ginger to food processor and blend until all ingredients are finely chopped (keep all seeds in the peppers unless you do not want it to be as spicy).
- Add mixture to a sauce pan along with the remaining ingredients, minus the cornstarch + water mixture.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add cornstarch + water mixture to thicken. This sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy on all your favorite recipes.